Many middle level managers have a wealth of experience at handling day to day management issues and are now ready for a far greater challenge: the challenge of becoming transformational leaders as well as managers. The Middle Managers’ Leadership Programme is about making that vital transition and exploring and mastering the knowledge and skills that will confidently take you to that next level of competence.
It will give you the skills to display transformational leadership behaviours; real insights into your own and other’s personalities, behaviours and attitudes; appreciate your organization’s culture; understand the developmental stages of your team and the corresponding team leadership style required from you; how to proactively engage and motivate your staff and manage change as well as yourself effectively.
By the end of this programme you will have learned how to make the transition from professional to leader by:
• Ensuring that you have all the core skills of highly effective leadership as well as management
• Understanding what drives individual behaviour and the culture of your organisation
• Exploring team dynamics, situational leadership and how to get your staff to play to their strengths
• Knowing how to implement strategic plans and motivate and reward excellence
•Having a framework for managing change and your career development
The Middle Managers’ Leadership programme will use a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Graphical materials and stimulating explanations will be used to introduce underlying models. A key part of the learning process is sharing the different experiences you and your fellow participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques. A number of questionnaires that measure your leadership, personality and team preferences will be used to increase your awareness and the unique contribution you make to the organisation.
The organisation will benefit from having middle managers who are:
Motivated and confident to move up to the next level
Part of a clear and strategic succession plan
Able to avoid the common pitfalls at the more senior level through
greater understanding of corporate culture and organisational politics
Equipped to make a significant contribution to moving the organisation in desired direction and navigate teams through complex situations
Thinking and acting like leaders.
• Gain new insights into your leadership, personality and team preferences and learn how to display both cognitive and behavioural flexibility
• Be able to ‘read’ other’s behaviour and use that understanding in creating a motivating environment for your staff
• Understand your own and others’ preferred team roles and how to motivate your staff
• Be able to influence upwards in the organisation by displaying a high level of political skill
• Be able to plan and lead change and your own career path
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?|
This MYMC training seminar on The Middle Managers’ Leadership Programme is designed for:
• Those who have some experience at supervisor / professional level and are ready to take on a wider role
• Those who want to make the transition from competent professional to inspirational leader
• Those who need a deeper understanding of what drives individual behaviour and group dynamics
• Those who need to hone their influencing skills to get results that matter
• Those about to embark on leading a change programme within their organisation